The Early Childhood Research Group (ECRG) at Charles Sturt University promotes social justice for children, families and practitioners working with the early childhood sector (generally birth-8 years).
We do this by
- using innovative methods, theories and partnerships with children, families, practitioners and the early childhood sector
- co-producing, translating and implementing research, and
- generating evidence-based practice and practice-based evidence.
Our research emphasises
- enhancing children’s access to, participation in and outcomes from equitable, quality early childhood programs and services
- workforce sustainability
- children’s rights
- sustainability, and
- transformation of the social, policy and organisational conditions that enable social justice.
We seek opportunities to bridge gaps and promote holistic approaches between
- settings (early childhood education and care, schools, homes, health and disability services) and
- bodies (government departments, universities, international and national organisations).
We build capacity for engaging in transformative research within our group and with other researchers.
We are guided by Charles Sturt University’s ethos:
The wisdom of respectfully knowing how to live well in a world worth living in
and Charles Sturt University’s motto:
For the public good
We also align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
If you would like to join our research group, partner with us, or participate in our research, please contact us at the below details.
We welcome comments and inquiries from professionals, researchers, research partners, and aspiring PhD students.
Dr Tamara Cumming firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Sharynne McLeod email@example.com
For further information
Charles Sturt University Faculty of Arts and Education Research Groups https://arts-ed.csu.edu.au/research/research-groups
Early Childhood Research Group Website (CSU-FOAE)
Early Childhood Research Group research outputs (CRO)
Early Childhood Research Group impact (PlumX)
Photo credit: iStock.com/monkeybusinessimages